08 November 2011

How I Memorised My Bust Card

Ok, ahead of the student demo tomorrow, here's my mnemonics for the numbers on your bust card. Please comment with any ways you have and I'll stick them up here as well if I like them:

Bindmans Solicitors

02078 33 44 33

Ok, so this is a company, which means it has two things:
  1. A fixed landline number, in London
  2. One of those deliberately catchy numbers with doubles and stuff
The other thing you notice is they're greedy lawyers and as such want to have it both ways: The two area codes in London are 0207 and 0208. They have both, though at least they have them in order: 02078

And obviously they like numbers that are next to each other, because the rest is 3s and 4s, doubled up, and going up first then down: 33 44 33.

Green and Black Cross

07946 541 511

Bit harder this one, but not much. This isn't a company, so if you can't remember which is the landline, it's not this one.

Ok, loads of mobiles go 0794 or 0796. This one, like those greedy solicitors, has both, and, again, they're in order: 07946

Then, you've got two sets of three numbers, going down. 5-4=1, and 511, like 911 but different because
  1. the last thing you want is more police
  2. That's the American number anyway and we're not in Kansas any more, Dorothy
This is possibly the rambliest, silliest thing I've blogged, and obviously you can always write it up your arm, but it works for me and it passes the time when I'm walking.

ANYWAY, you could do it with Live and Kicking, you can do it for this. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment